- The cider vinegar helps to tenderize the meat, it won't lend a vinegar taste to the finished dish.
- You can adapt this recipe for a slow cooker quite easily. Just combine all ingredients plus cooked noodles or rice and 1/3 cup water, and cook on low for 6 hours.
- I like the flavor the Caraway seeds add to the dish (the seeds are what gives rye bread it's distinctive flavor), but I've made this dish without them before and it's just as good.
- If pressed for an exact measurement for the Caraway, I would say 8-10 individual seeds would be about right.
- You really don't need to add any salt to this dish, the canned soups provide it for you. If using low-sodium soups, then you may want to salt to taste.
1 can French onion soup
A "pinch" of Caraway Seeds, optional
pepper, as desired
Toss beef in vinegar and brown in a large skillet or saute pan. Add both soups, Caraway seeds and pepper to pan and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles or rice.